At Connect DFW, we maintain a philanthropic corporate culture because we know it truly is better to give than to receive. We give back to the community through a wide range of volunteer efforts. We have taken part in fundraising events for multiple sclerosis research and the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Our firm has also donated to the One Fund. Studies have shown that volunteer work gives us a greater sense of self-worth while also helping others. Here are a few perks of contributing to the community:
· Learning New Things: Building skills, knowledge, and expertise are some of the best side benefits of volunteering. The opportunities you’ll come upon through volunteering might not come into your life otherwise.
· Making New Friendships: This is typically an unforeseen benefit of giving back and can be especially good for college students, retirees, and the recently re-located.
· Seeing the World in a Different Light: Volunteering can put your problems in a whole new perspective. Interacting with people who are dealing with difficult circumstances and making the best of it is an inspiring experience.
· Enhancing Your Self-Esteem: Helping others makes you feel better about yourself because you’re assisting someone in need. You’re also very often performing a task they can’t complete for themselves.
· Returning the Favor: Doing something helpful for the people who have enabled your success or otherwise helped you is a great way to show appreciation.
There are so many good reasons to give back to people in need, and they certainly go beyond the few mentioned here. We at Connect DFW hope that you will take the initiative to donate your talents and time to support your community. You’ll be rewarded many times over for your efforts.